Sunday, June 6, 2010

Hot

Went shopping yesterday with Mom. Bought a ton of stuff. Got a new bag, a pair of underarmour shorts (awesome awesome awesome no more chaffing), new running sneakers, anddddddd some good food that totally sabotaged my diet. Haha. We ran into this little street festival on 6th avenue that was going on. They had empanadas. How could I not? They were yummy. There were tons and earrings and goodies for sale. I was so tempted to get more earrings.. but I already don't have enough room for the ones I own. :[

I was also tempted to go clothes shopping. Especially at GAP. But I told myself I wouldn't buy more clothes until I'm at least another size or two smaller. I have a lot of clothes as it is and it'd be nicer to just donate what won't fit anymore and get a whole new wardrobe. As opposed to buying new clothes and then not having them fit in a few months. Not buying new clothes has been a challenge. Instead I've been treating myself to new running stuff.

My Dad gave me his Garmin GPS watch. It is pretty awesome. It tracks my time, milage, and pace. It's super helpful when I go on those spur of the moment runs and it'll give me an idea of how far I went and how long I was out there.. cause even though I like to run for enjoyment I do like to track my exercise for my dieting/weight loss reasons. It's a super neat watch.

I WAS ALSO TEMPTED TO BUY YARN! I was running by Macareen Park on my run yesterday and there was an Etsy-looking craft fair going on! I ran right past the yarn and it took a lot of me not to u-turn and go browse. Good thing I didn't have any money stuffed into my underarmour anyway. Hahaha. Mom wants me to keep emergency money and a metrocard in my secret underarmous zipper.. but I think I might carry emergency spur of the moment shopping money. HAHA. FOR SALES. Nah nah, just kidding. :P ... Or am I?

Going to North Carolina tomorrow to visit my sister and spend a week and a half there. Then I'm bringing my niece home for the summer. Hm. Should be interesting trying to run out there where it'll be even hotter. I can barely deal with the heat here since I love northern NY and the cold and Potsdam. Erg. Prolly going to have get out in the morning. Plus.. it's more trail running over there. Hopefully I'll still be able to get in decent mileage.

Okie dokie. My Mom is rushing me outta the house because she wants me to accompany her shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment