Wednesday, June 2, 2010

First post!

So, I guess I should finally make my first post on this blog. I'm mainly keeping this blog for myself, to track my progress in weight loss, my love for running, and for tiny interesting tidbits of my daily life or anything cool/interesting I see on my runs.

I originally starting running for weight loss and few months ago but ever since it has become an addiction and I have become a runner. I go nearly daily and spend a lot of time reading articles about running, fitness, exercise, nutrition, and planning out my runs/making new routes. I started out weighing at 221lbs and currently I'm at 207.3. :) I suffer from depression which made it really hard for me to get the motivation to start on my journey. Running has helped me to clear my head, go somewhere else, and concentrate on my feet hitting the pavement. It has proved to be the ultimate stress reliever.

I'm 22 years old and I live in Brooklyn, NY! :D I go to school in Potsdam, NY, some 9 hours away. For the summer I'll be running at home, until I return to school at Potsdam. I'm an Early Elementary Education Major with a Minor in Geology.

My favorite running outfit is in pink! I can be seen running around my lovely neighborhood in my pink outfit (unless it's dirty!) and my pink and black running shoes. :) I love shopping and instead of spending my money on clothes like jeans and stuff I decided that until I lose at least 20lbs, I will only buy new running outfits. :P

I also like to play Wii Fit when the weather is too hot or as a nice cool down when I come back from my runs.

Did I mention I love living in North Brooklyn? I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. I've lived here all myyyy life.

My best mile so far has been a 10min/mile. My average is about 12min/mile. I've signed up for my first 5k race on June 24th. I've been training for it.

Fellow runners! Feel free to add me!

1 comment:

  1. So I'm not a fellow runner yet...but I am wanting to start training... I found your blog on one of your posts on sparkpeople.com :) Good Luck with everything! :)

    ReplyDelete