Monday, June 6, 2011

Motivation.

Lately, I've been finding it particularly hard to remain motivated. I do enjoy running alone.. but lately a lack of support has put me down. It is very hard being the only person in your family who works out regularly, attempts to eat healthily, and the only one making strides towards living a healthier lifestyle. I don't have a picture of me racing or crossing the finish line.. or an afterwards picture because simply.. I have no support system. I love seeing pictures of other runners crossing the finish line or pictures of them along the route. I would hope to have pictures of myself like that one day. I just don't know if that'll ever happen.

I am a solo-runner. I am part of the North Brooklyn Runners but I haven't gone to a group run in a while (taking off, gaining weight, slowing pace, losing endurance has really made me stop). How do I get motivation otherwise? I suppose I am very self-motivated and disciplined.. but sometimes it would be nice to hear encouragement from others -- especially my family.

I guess I won't let this bother me too much. About to lace up my sneakers and get out.

No comments:

Post a Comment