Friday, June 10, 2011

Heat and smog

I had a hard run today. Got very frustrated with my splits on my Garmin so I just ended up turning it off and trying to get some relaxing untimed unpressured run in. I just am not a good summer runner. I would rather run in 20-30 degree weather with snow on the ground like I did in Potsdam. Blerg. Once it starts hitting above 70s I feel like I'm dying. I probably also feel terrible because I'm not running in the country anymore but now I'm running in heat AND smog. Smog is just terrible. It's not even officially summer yet and I feel like death out there. :( Sigh. It's really making a dent on my motivation.

I really really want to do the Brooklyn Bridge 5k in 36 minutes. I don't know if I'm going to get there. But for now.. that is my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment