Sunday, June 5, 2011

Garmin turned not-so-friend.

I have noticed over the past year of using my Garmin Forerunner 305 that is off by like 1/10th of mile most of the time even on the clearest days. This has become quite annoying after a while. I would like to trust my Garmin 100% but when I track myself on maps and see that the Garmin was off.. it upsets me. I also see this when I view the route the Garmin thinks I have taken online. It seems like I could fly and cut through the middle of buildings etc. As much as I still love using it for working out the fact that it takes FOREVER to find satellite reception and then isn't even accurate is very annoying. It takes my Garmin about 5-10 minutes to get satellites and even when I updated my maps and firmware.. it made so difference. I think I will eventually have to invest in a better watch once I get a job. I did get my Garmin 305 for free from my Dad so I can't really complain.

I just wish it made me feel better about my progress rather than me having to get home to really find out how well I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment