Wednesday, July 14, 2010

So. I took a week off from running last week in order to let my shin splint heal (which it didn't, of course, but it feels a lot better than it did) so that I would stop running on it. I visited my best friend ever in Salem, NY for the week and spent that time being very relaxed, enjoying the country-side and just.. yeah relaxing.

I got to pet my first ever horse! I was really excited. I'm a city girl, so things like this, really excite me! :) I also got to go tubing down a river for the first time! That was also super relaxing. I could imagine myself taking my Kindle in a giant ziplock bag and getting in a tube and just floating down the river for a few hours.. ahhh. I loved it. Every. Single. Minute. I had never been so relaxed. As much as country people love the buzz and commotion of the city.. I highly enjoy the quietness and simplicity of the country.

I also had my first driving lesson, finally. My friend let me drive his standard car and I only stalled TWICE. The first time when shifting gears for the first time, and the second when trying to go in reverse for a 3-point turn. So I guess I'm pretty good considering I didn't stall the first time trying to accelerate the car. Speaking of driving.. I've been having so many dreams about driving. Something about it just appeals to me so much even though I'm such an environmental junkie. I don't see my self wasting and guzzling gas when I can walk or use a bike.. but something is just relaxing about driving too. Considering it would be a life changing experience for me to learn how to drive is probably the reason for these dreams too.. I also NEED to learn how to drive for my student teaching placement next year. I'm a bit nervous but I'm pretty sure I'll do fine in an automatic car if I had no problems with a standard.

Well. Hopefully more running related stuff to post about soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment