Monday, August 2, 2010

So. I think I like my new schedule. I've cut back on the days that I run doing on Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat. I just have increased the mileage on the days that I do run. I've been doing a 2.5 miles without a problem so I think I'm going to be ready for my 5k on Sunday. :)

I keep thinking.. if I can run 3 miles at the weight I am now.. I keep thinking about how much easier it'll be when I lose the weight. I'll be so much faster and be able to do a lot more mileage. :D Today I imagined myself running at my ideal body and it really helped me to run a lot better and a lot more confidently. I didn't think of myself at the body that I'm in now that makes me so unhappy -- I saw myself how I want to be. I feel like a skinny runner trapped in a fat girls body. I've always felt like I've been trapped in this body for a long time. I've always liked exercise, being active, and being outside. I just need to get my diet under control and hopefully I'll continue to lose weight.

I'm also incorporating a lot more core exercises and strength training in general. Also doing a lot more pilates and yoga.

Well whatev. Really scatterbrained right now. Going to watch some TV.

Mileage Today: 5k -- 3.1 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment