Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I went running with Jake last night for the first time since the summer. This time he said he was surprised at my pace (even though I thought it was slow) and he said that I definitely have improved since last time. :) I am so excited to finally hear it from someone else that I have improved. He also said that eventually I will be out running him. Hahaha. We were both going at very comfortably hard paces yesterday and I enjoyed the fact that he helped to push me. I did need to stop for a walk break a few times due to a side stitches from not being fully digested from dinner. >_O But eitherway I still made great time. :)

I'm also trying to add in more cross training by going to the gym and doing the elliptical and stairmaster when I can and incorporating weights and strength exercises. I'm hoping to make a lot of progress in the next couple of months. I bought a time master planner today and hopefully it will help keep me on track and allow me to actually schedule in time to exercise so that I don't panic over not having time to work or relax.

But yeh. I'm looking to enter this 5k race on Sept 25th here in Potsdam. Jake said he'd do it with me so I'm super excited about that. Races keep me on track and get me pumped.. But about my diet. Yeaaaaaah. Gotta work on getting that back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment