Sunday, July 17, 2011

Looks like I won't be running my Brooklyn Bridge 5k. My job makes me work on Sundays and since I just started last week.. I definitely can't already ask for a personal day off. Hopefully I get an afternoon shift that day because sometimes it varies and I'll be able to make the run in the morning.. Only thing that sucks is that I can't pre-register because I don't want to spend the money if I'm not running it.

Speaking of work..

It has made it increasingly difficult to work out at all. I worked out 1 day last week and that was a pathetic run. I haven't run since. My work schedule is making me work the night shift and I'm not a morning exercise person at all. I'm going to have to figure something out and start scheduling in my runs and my workouts earlier in the day. Maybe I can squeeze them in before work but I don't like the idea of having to bring my sweaty gym clothes to work since they check everything in our bags and it'd be pretty embarrassing to have my sweaty underwear and stuff in there. Gross. But, I promise myself that this week I will at least try for 3 workouts. Let's see how that goes. I'm so used to worked out 5-6 days a week.. but if I can squeeze in 3 runs/gym workouts and maybe do some yoga with the Wiifit and Netflix at home it won't be so bad. When I get my bike to ride to the gym or the track my workouts will become a lot easier since I won't waste nearly 45 mins walking to and from the gym or the track/dirt trail (easier on my shins which I really need right now).

Other than that my weightloss has been slow. I'm having a really hard time controlling my diet and sticking to my healthy foods. I will promise myself to get back on track again. I need to stop eating my feelings and giving into temptation.

No comments:

Post a Comment