Wednesday, September 21, 2011

An update -- Judgemental people on the road

So I know I've been neglecting my blog but I've been working a ton and still trying to stick to my running.

I signed up for a local neighborhood 5k which I'm really excited to attend. I even got one of my co-workers to sign up so e are going to do the race together (Probably not alongside each other because I'm sure she's faster and more in shape than I am).

I've been having a few bumps in the road with my diet and gained 2lbs back but I'm back on track and have lost the weight again and busted out the healthy food and pushed the cheeseballs and beers away. :D

I've also missed running at night. I did so the other night and it was fantastic. I remembered how much better and focused I feel at night and how great I feel about myself and my body.


I'll paste something here that I posted to daily mile about the run I just came back from..


Alright. I'm starting to really yearn for night runs for a few reasons. 1. I'm more focused. 2. Less car traffic. 3. LESS IDIOTS WHO LAUGH AT ME FROM INSIDE THEIR CARS. Seriously now.. seriously? Are we really going to laugh at individuals who are trying to achieve a healthier lifestyle? I know I'm 212lbs and all but I can probably still run longer and faster than you who sits on their couch all day devouring cheese balls and whom never run a mile straight in their life. When I'm nice and fit you'll still be miserable in your car looking for people to laugh at.

^^ Basically how I felt. Ugh. Just getting tired of people who spend their whole time judging others except themselves. I have never judged someone who works out. Even walkers. I passed by a really overweight walker today and said hello and smiled to him. I also hope I inspired him because I know how hard it is to stay motivated when you're obese/overweight and you feel like the entire world is laughing at you for trying to make a change. It is definitely hard to run out there when you feel self-conscious about your own body. I'm sorry I'm not the attractive female runner out in short shorts and a sports bra. But you know what? I'm working on it. But either way, no matter the shape of someones body.. How about we worry about ourselves? Stop being so interested in making fun of that "fatty" who is running 2-3 miles everyday or even for the women who are just trying to lose a few pounds. NOT EVERYONE IS PERFECT. AND NOT EVERYONE DESERVES YOUR JUDGEMENT. Look at yourself. Something is probably seriously wrong with how you feel about yourself if you spend your whole day making fun of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment